How can I play in the invite pickups?

F2dk
Site Admin

How can I play in the invite pickups?

Post by F2dk »

The invite channel has been made for some of the best players in TF2 to play quality pickups. It's NOT made for worse players to get better.

To gain access to the invite pickup, someone (not necessarily an admin) from the channel must use the !invite command to invite you. When he does so, you will receive a private message from the bot, explaining how you can join the channel.

All admins can approve and disapprove players. To be able to !add you will need more approvals than disapprovals. When this happens, you will get a + in front of your name on the channel.

To get (dis)approved you will have to play some pickups first. To do this, ask in the channel "can an admin add me?", and if an admin is around you will be added to the current pickup. You will probably have to play quite a few pickups before admins decide if you're good enough.

Important: If you aren't approved within ~9 days after you were invited, you will be thrown out of the channel for several months. So...
  • If you are not gonna play a lot of pickups within the next couple of weeks, don't bother joining!
  • If you are not good enough, don't bother joining! (The division you play in can be a hint!)
  • If you are raging a lot or generally behave badly, don't bother joining!
So consider closely if it's worth trying.

:ugeek: